Information on the measures taken to contain the spread of coronavirus infection COVID-19 in the Republic of Kazakhstan
The Government of Kazakhstan has declared a state of emergency to contain the coronavirus outbreak in view of the World Health Organization declaring COVID-19 a pandemic on 11 March 2020 and in the efforts to protect life and health of the citizens. The Decree of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 285 dated 15 March 2020 has introduced a state of emergency throughout the country starting from 08:00 a.m. on 16 March 2020 up to 07:00 a.m. on 15 April 2020.
The Decree of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 310 dated 29 April 2020 the state of emergency was extended throughout country from 00:00 on 11 May 2020.
In the Republic of Kazakhstan from 00:00 on 11 May 2020 the state of emergency ended. Regardless, quarantine restrictions continue to operate in the country.
INFORMATION ON CORONAVIRUS
The 24/7 coronavirus helpline of the National Center for Public Health of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan: 1406, +7 7172 768 043.
Telegram bot “Coronavirus hotline” contains basic information about COVID-19 infection (information on the infection, transmission routes, symptoms, incubation period, how to protect yourself from infection, etc.). The bot is available in two languages: Russian and Kazakh.
QUARANTINE IN THE CITIES OF THE REPUBLIC OF KAZAKHSTAN
The State Commission on ensuring the state of emergency under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan approved list of activities to resume work from May 4, 2020, in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- non-food stores up to 500 m² until 5 p.m. (all types);
- photo shops, flower stalls;
- hairdressing salons (by appointment);
- medical centers (by appointment);
- dental clinics (by appointment);
- real estate companies, advertising agencies, lawyers, notaries;
- microfinance organizations, insurance companies, pawnshops, exchange offices;
- information and communications technology companies.
From May 4, 2020, sports and outdoor training are allowed.
A decision was made to resume flights from Nur-Sultan and Almaty to Kyzylorda, Petropavlovsk, Ust-Kamenogorsk and Semey from May 4, 2020. Flights will be carried out with enhanced sanitary standards, fewer passengers and special remote seating in the cabin.
THE DATE OF REMOVAL OF QUARANTINE IN THE REGIONS
· Nur-Sultan city: quarantine extended to stabilize the epidemiological situation
· Almaty city: quarantine extended to stabilize the epidemiological situation
· Shymkent city: quarantine extended until June 8
· Akmola region: quarantine will be removed gradually, as the epidemiological situation improves
· Almaty region: quarantine extended to stabilize the epidemiological situation
· Aktobe region: quarantine extended to stabilize the epidemiological situation
· Atyrau region: quarantine extended until June 8
· Mangistau region: quarantine extended to stabilize the epidemiological situation
· Kyzylorda region: quarantine extended until the epidemiological situation stabilizes
· Karaganda region: quarantine restrictions will be lifted gradually
· Zhambyl region: quarantine will be removed gradually
· Almaty city: quarantine extended to stabilize the epidemiological situation
· North Kazakhstan region: quarantine extended with special conditions
· Pavlodar region: quarantine is extended to stabilize the epidemiological situation
· East Kazakhstan region: quarantine extended until June 1
· West Kazakhstan region: quarantine extended until June 15
· Turkestan region: quarantine extended until June 8
According to the decree of the Chief State Sanitary Doctor of the city of Nur Sultan from May 23, 2020, about the measure to prevent the spread of coronavirus infections among the population in the capital city of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
ALLOWED, business to get back to the work schedule in strict compliance with the sanitary-disinfection regime from May 25.
Exceptions – bath-house, working hours:
- Monday – Friday (9 a.m. - 6 p.m.)
- Weekend (9 a.m. - 9 p.m.)
Restaurants and cafes will be allowed for a maximum of 50 seats.
Educational centers, training courses for specialists, and seminars.
Mosques and churches, no more than 50 people at every entrance, with separate entrance and exit doors.
It is NOT ALLOWED to hold collective events, graduation parties, evenings, Farewell Bell for School leavers, street trading, as well as activities:
- banquet and ceremonial halls
- night clubs
- fitness clubs and gyms
- wellness & spa
- massage rooms
- cosmetology services (offices, centers, clinics)
- afterschool educational organizations (centers of development, etc.)
- computer clubs
- sports complexes (sections, societies, etc. for children), with the exception of sports facilities accredited by the National Olympic Committee, for the preparation of national teams for the championships
- pleasure craft
- preschool institutions, with the exception of duty groups
ATTENTION TO DRIVERS EXITING KAZAKHSTAN
From 12:00 am on 4 April 2020, the following border crossing points will be temporarily closed:
- border crossing points with the People's Republic of China:
Kolzhat Almaty region
Bakhty - East Kazakhstan Region
Maykapchagay - East Kazakhstan Region
- border crossing points with the Russian Federation:
Kondybay - Kostanay region
Akbalshyk - Kostanay region
Kyzyl Zhar - North Kazakhstan Region
Naiza - Pavlodar region
Zhezkent - East Kazakhstan Region
Baytanat - East Kazakhstan Region
Koyanbai - East Kazakhstan Region
Horde - West Kazakhstan Region
Shagan - West Kazakhstan Region
Karashatau - Aktobe region
- border crossing points with the Kyrgyz Republic:
Auhatti - Zhambyl region
Korday - Zhambyl region
Sypatay batyr - Zhambyl region
Sartobe - Zhambyl region
Kegen - Almaty Region
- border crossing points with the Republic of Uzbekistan:
Tselinny - Turkestan region
Syrdarya - Turkestan region
SERVICE SUPPORT FOR INVESTORS
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan has been constantly taking measures to address the issues of domestic and foreign investors caused by the spread of coronavirus in the neighboring countries and globally.
Many countries have strengthened sanitary and epidemiological control measures at the checkpoints of state borders, railway stations and airports, while some of them have completely closed state borders. Nevertheless, despite the state of emergency, cargo transportation should be carried out in order to comply with the schedules of planned construction and installation as well as production activities of enterprises.
A hotline of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan operating from 09 am to 06:30 pm: + 7 7172 720 046, + 7 7172 720 047, +7 7172 720 549.
Service support for investors as well as consultations on investment activities (visa, tax, customs issues, supply of raw materials, goods, equipment and components to the Republic of Kazakhstan, etc.) are provided 24/7 by KAZAKH INVEST call-center: +7 7172 620 620.
You can also submit a request for consultation using the online request form on www.invest.gov.kz .
You can find information on the Government support measures for foreign investors in the “Investor's Guide” section of the website. The section provides relevant information with the respective links to the official legal database. Additionally, KAZAKH INVEST experts are ready to provide you comprehensive advice on any issues.
For KAZAKH INVEST incoming correspondence, please call: +7 7172 620 627.
ARRIVING TO KAZAKHSTAN
A detailed consultation of a KAZAKH INVEST specialist on visa and migration issues can be obtained by calling: +7 7172 620 556.
During the state of emergency, foreigners will not incur administrative liabilities for violation of the period of stay and untimely departure from the Republic of Kazakhstan.
On 17 of April 2020 the Government of Kazakhstan adopted a decree on the cancellation of the 72-hour visa-free regime for foreign citizens until November 1.
About setting legal status of foreigners
The state of emergency does not impose any restrictions on freight transportations. However, the sanitary-epidemiological regime has been strengthened at the border-crossing checkpoints, railway stations and airports.
For any questions about freight transportation during the state of emergency, please contact call center of KTZ - Freight Transportation JSC: +7 7172 603 030.
EMERGENCY OPERATIONAL SERVICES
If you require emergency services, you can report a problem by contacting the following numbers:
- fire service - 101
- police - 102
- ambulance - 103
- gas network emergency service - 104
- emergency response service - 112